Nearly a year after Mean Streak’s closure at Cedar Point, the park has announced its hybrid replacement: Steel Vengeance. The brand new Rocky Mountain Construction roller coaster will be the world’s tallest, fastest, longest, and steepest hybrid coaster of all time, becoming the world’s first hyper-hybrid roller coaster and breaking a total of fifteen records.
Coaster Records Broken
1. World’s tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet tall)
2. World’s fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 miles per hour)
3. World’s steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
4. World’s longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
5. World’s longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
6. Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (4)
7. Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
8. Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
9. Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
10. World’s first “hyper-hybrid” roller coaster
Park Records Broken
1. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (57,865 feet/11 miles)
2. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,423 feet/11.4 miles)
3. Most rides at one amusement park (71)
4. Most roller coasters over 200 feet tall at one amusement park (6)
5. Most roller coasters with a first drop of 90 degrees or more at one amusement park (5)
The three are bringing with them a roller coaster forged so big and so bold, an entirely new category of thrill ride has been branded: the hyper-hybrid – the world’s first steel-on-wood hybrid roller coaster to stand over 200 feet tall. Mirroring Blackjack’s impressive height, Chess’ unconventional and wild personality and Digger’s blazing speed of the draw, this new machine is now the force to be reckoned with. The law-abidin’ folk of FrontierTown have a new leader – Steel Vengeance.
Take a look here for more details on Steel Vengeance provided by Cedar Point. What are your thought on Steel Vengeance? Let us know below and stay tuned for Steel Vengeance construction and an opening day report!