The Great Escape in New York today announced Drop of Doom VR, a brand new virtual reality experience to be added to the park’s drop tower. Riders will face both acrophobic and anachrophobic fears, dropping one thousand feet in the virtual reality experience.
“As we continue to explore the endless opportunities utilizing Samsung Gear VR technology we can change the content of rides to offer an entirely new experience,” said The Great Escape Resort Properties Park President Eric Gilbert. “We look forward to giving our guests another reason to visit and make new memories at the park this season.”
Riders, using Samsung Gear VR, powered by Oculus, will become the pilots of a futuristic gunship under attack by mutant spiders. This extreme, interactive adventure features:
- A high-speed virtual vertical ascent 1,000 feet in the air while teetering off the edge of a helicopter
- A 360-degree rotating view high above massive city skyscrapers that are under siege by enormous spiders
- A high-intensity gun battle against a giant arachnid, spewing baby spiders that virtually crawl all over the rider’s body
- A thrilling virtual 1,000 foot fiery plunge straight down between towering skyscrapers
- The final showdown with a spider the size of a van, teeth-gnashing and in full attack mode